Darley Moor Motorcycle Road Race Club
Motorcycle Racing Dates
Darley Moor - Motorcycle Road Racing
Darley Information ...
Home Page
2011 Provisional Dates
Racing Results
2010 Racing Results
ACU Competitor Insurance
Championship Tables
Latest News
Race Chat Forum
Darley Features
FAQ's & Help
Darley Autoroute
Where To Stay
Darley Archives
Insurance Policy aimed at ACU Competitors
Darley Features...
More Features »

Visitors now online: 20

Darley Phlog ...

| More
Next Event...
2011 Darley Moor Motorcycle Road Race Club

Weather Forecast ...
Darley Moor Help & FAQ Topics
Do I need a licence of any kind to start racing?

You will need a Road Race Licence from the ACU to race your motorcycle at authorised race meetings. A Licence will cost you £52.00 and will be valid from 1st January until 31st December each year. Provided you are reasonably fit there is no need for a medical, but an eyesight examination will be required every third year.

There is a requirement to attend a Pre - Licence Qualification Course and a Basic Rider Assessment Course  (CTC / BRA ) before a new Road Race Licence can be issued. Details of this course will be sent with your ACU Licence Application Form. The CTC / BRA course is also held from time to time at Darley Moor details are on the Darley Moor website. You must successfully attend and pass this course before you can apply for your Road Race Licence. 

Once you have successfully passed yout CTC / BRA Course your ACU Licence Application Course will be stamped by the Instructor as proof you have passed. 

Once you have obtained your Licence application form, complete the form, had your eyesight tested and successfully completed the CTC / BRA Course, you should insert your ACU Unique Number on your Licence Application Form (at Darley Moor your Darley Membership Number is the same as the ACU Unique Number). 

You can now apply for your ACU Road Race Licence on-line if you wish.