Darley Moor Motor Sports Centre Nr Ashbourne Derbyshire
Postcode for your Sat Nav is DE6 2ET
Sidecar Taxi Rides photographs
Stars & Round 7 photographs
Darley Moor Online Shop
Darley Moor Motor Cycle Road Race Club Store is now open to purchase Darley Moor merchandise, advance tickets and trackday bookings. You can also arrange to have items held at the trackside for payment on collection.
Click here to go to the store
Darley Moor Motor Sports Centre
Nr Ashbourne DE6 2ET
Provisional Dates 2015.
Saturday 21st March Test Day Darley Moor MCRRC
Sunday 22nd March Round 1 Darley Moor MCRRC
Sunday 12th April Round 2 Darley Moor MCRRC
Including round 1 of the Curtis Milner Trophy
Monday 4th May Round 3 Darley Moor MCRRC
Including round 2 of the Curtis Milner Trophy
Saturday 27th June Round 4 Darley Moor MCRRC
Sunday 28th June Round 5 Darley Moor MCRRC
Sunday 26th July Round 6 Darley Moor MCRRC
Saturday 15th August Motorcycle Races Vintage MCC
Sunday 16th August Motorcycle Races Vintage MCC
Sunday 20th September Round 7 Darley Moor MCRRC
Including the Graham Bywater Trophy
Saturday 10th October Test Day Darley Moor MCRRC
Sunday 11th October Round 8 Darley Moor MCRRC
Including Stars at Darley 2015
These dates are subject to change.
All 2014 classes will be run in 2015.
New Chief Marshal for Darley Moor.
As some of you may know Dave Cope who has been the Chief Marshal at Darley Moor for the last 30 years has decided to retire following the end of the 2014 season. Dave will however still be around the place until the end of the year and will hopefully pop in to see us all occasionally in the future.
The Darley Moor Club have appointed Darren Hextall as the new Chief Marshal for the 2015 season. Darren has been a Marshal for a number of years and is looking forward to a very steep learning curve in his new role. The Committee of Darley Moor wish him every success in his new role and will give all the support and help he requires. Darren would love to hear from any Marshals, past, present or future so please drop him a line on firstname.lastname@example.org at anytime or go to his facebook page at DarleyMoor marshals 2015
Statement from the Committee of Darley Moor Motor Cycle Road Racing Club Ltd
- It would appear that there is considerable misunderstanding about the Committee’s appointment of Darren Hextall as Chief Marshal of the Club. So let us make a few observations and explain a few simple facts.
- The Committee are responsible for everything that happens under the Club’s name.
- The Club are responsible for the appointment of ALL SENIOR OFFICIALS of the Club. One of those Officials is the Chief Marshal. The Club are also responsible for the appointment for the Race Day Officials as appointed in the Race Day Programme. Committee would like to state that Darren was the only person who showed any interest in becoming Chief Marshal at Darley Moor in the 12 months since Dave Cope made his announcement.
4. The Club have no responsibility for the appointment of Officials to the Marshals Association other than for the Club to be notified and approve the nominated Officials of the Association for any one year. It follows that the Secretary of the Marshals Association is nominated by the Marshals Association.
5T The Roles & Responsibilities of the Chief Marshal quite clearly state that the Chief Marshal is responsible to the Committee of the Club, as are all Officials of the Club. They also explain that the Secretariat of the Marshals Association is expected to work with the Chief Marshal to encourage and retain Marshals for the Club.
6. It is a matter of fact that has concerned the Club that the average number of Marshals attending meetings in 2014 was the lowest ever recorded and this situation needed rectifying as a matter of urgency.
7. Dave Cope announced at the Marshals’ Association AGM in October 2013 that he would be standing down as Chief Marshal at the end of the 2014 season for personal reasons. He also explained his reasons in greater detail to the Club and the Committee reluctantly accepted his decision.
8. According to the website three years ago the Chief Marshals position was offered to the Assistant Chief Marshal who declined the position on the understanding that he would be appointed Chief Marshal if and when the current Chief Marshal (Dave Cope) stood down. The Committee of the Club would like to express that this was not a decision made by them and would refer whoever made this decision to paragraph 2 above.
9. The current Chief Marshal wishes to have a more hands on approach to the job than Dave had and that can surely not be a bad thing.
10. If the current Secretary of the Marshals Association feels that she cannot work with the Chief Marshal for any reason then she must notify the Association of that decision and they must inform the Club. The Association together with the Club will resolve the issue. One thing that is clear is that the Club will be looking for additional Marshal resources during 2015.
RACE RESULTS 12/10/2014
Next Event: March 2015
The UK's Number 1 online retailer for motorcycle helmets, motorcycle clothing and motorbike accessories.